My dark chocolate raspberry bread is such a rich and special treat for chocolate lovers, and so easy to make!
It's no secret that I love pairing chocolate with fruit. Remember my white chocolate raspberry muffins? This time, we're pairing the raspberries with dark chocolate for an equally delicious treat. Something about that combination -- dark chocolate and fresh raspberries -- is so rich. It just tastes... sophisticated?
Whatever you want to call it, it's delicious. If you love pairing these two flavors together, then you're really going to be thrilled when I tell you how easy this dark chocolate raspberry bread is. I also decided to go with brown sugar here instead of granulated sugar, and it makes all the difference. Not only does it give this quick bread even more delicious flavor, it helps with the moisture.
It goes without saying that you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips here. However, I really think you need to experience this recipe as written at least once. Do I need to say it again? Dark chocolate + raspberries = magic.
Why You'll Love This Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bread...
- It's all made in one bowl. Who doesn't love less dirty dishes?
- This is a "naturally eggless" recipe, meaning you won't need the egg replacer that I normally like to use in my recipes.
- It's SO soft and moist. And every bite is just packed with dark chocolate and juicy raspberries. What's not to love?
What You'll Need...
- The dry ingredients: gluten free flour + baking soda + salt.
- The fat: unsalted butter.
- For moisture: Greek yogurt (also helps hold it all together).
- For flavor: brown sugar (also helps with the moisture) + vanilla extract.
- The mix-ins: dark chocolate chips + fresh raspberries.
How To Make...
As I mentioned above, this dark chocolate raspberry bread will all be made in a single bowl. You will start by creaming the butter with the brown sugar until it's combined. Next, add in the yogurt and vanilla extract. Once that's all been mixed up, pour the dry ingredients right in. You can either stir by hand at this point or mix on the lowest speed, until you have a nice batter (don't over-mix).
The last step is mixing in your dark chocolate chips and raspberries! This part you will definitely want to do by hand, either with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, because it's important to be gentle so as not to "break" too many of the berries. Also, make sure to coat your berries in some gluten free flour before adding into the batter -- this will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of your loaf.
Finally, pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake on 350ºF for about 50 minutes.
I'm warning you, it may be hard to walk by this loaf and say no to a giant slice. Especially with a cup of coffee or tea. And then it will be hard to resist a second slice. So go ahead and go for it. I won't tell 😉
For More Gluten Free Quick Bread Recipes, Check Out My:
- Gingerbread loaf
- Easy pumpkin bread
- Chocolate zucchini bread
- Lemon blueberry bread
- Lemon poppy seed loaf
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bread - Gluten Free, Eggless
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces raspberries tossed with about ½ tablespoon gluten free flour
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until batter forms. Gently stir in the berries and chocolate chips. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Don’t forget to toss raspberries with about ½ tablespoon of gluten free flour. This prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins when baking.
Did you make my dark chocolate raspberry bread? Tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog.
What a delicious chocolate raspberry bread recipe! I love how it uses brown butter, that always add such amazing flavor!
You had me at raspberry! This dark chocolate raspberry bread was better than I imagined it could be!
I love this combination of raspberry and dark chocolate! My son is a huge fan of both so he's going to love this bread! Thank you for sharing the tip for tossing the berries in the flour!
I'm a huge fan, too! I hope he enjoys it!
Stine Mari says
I absolutely love raspberries and chocolate together. This bread looks amazing, so moist and so delicious! Can't wait to give it a go.
Jere Cassidy says
I just bought the Bob's Red Mills flour so this is a perfect recipe to try, plus I love chocolate and raspberries in desserts.
I love their GF flour, it's my favorite that I have tested so far. Enjoy!
Jen | Jen's Food Lab says
Omg I just picked some fresh raspberries and strawberries! I hope I can use both to make this bread.
How perfect! I don't see why you can't add strawberries to the mix. Enjoy!
Sarah James says
What a tasty recipe and I like how it's gluten and egg free. , I love a raspberries and white combination but I haven't tried dark chocolate with raspberries - really must remedy that.
Thanks, Sarah! It's a delicious combination!
I don’t have Bobs flour would I use plain or self raising flour instead?
Yes, if you are not looking to make this gluten-free, you should be able to just substitute 2 cups of regular all-purpose flour -- but I have not personally tested it this way. Please let me know how it turns out!
Jacqueline Debono says
Raspberry and chocolate is such a delicious combination. I love making different fruit breads so definitely want to tr this one!
I agree, it's one of my favorite combinations!
Georgina @ Culinary Travels says
Chocolate paired with fruit is amazing. This bread looks absolutely stunning! Love the use of browned butter.
Thank you, Georgina!
I’m so glad I stumbled across your recipe just made it today and it’s oh my goodness, a dream loaf indeed. I love the fact that is gluten-free too. Absolutely delicious.
Thanks Ramona, so glad you enjoyed it!
I'm impressed that you got this light texture in the bread without eggs. And of course anything with butter, chocolate and raspberries has to go on my list. Thanks for the tip about flouring the raspberries.
Thank you, Beth!
Gail Montero says
You totally made me hungry just looking at this! This chocolate raspberry bread would be perfect with my morning cuppa!
Thanks, Gail! It does go great with tea or coffee!
You combined two of my favorite flavors- chocolate and raspberry- into one fantastic bread. I doubled this and froze the rest of the mini loaves for another time.
Thanks so much, Marta! Making more and freezing for future use is always a great idea.
One of the best bread combo. Perfect treat for all chocolate lovers too. Yummy!
The combination of chocolate and raspberries is absolute perfection! This bread is a tasty way to enjoy both!
Thank you, Alena!
Dark chocolate and raspberry together sound so tempting. I love the fact it is eggless, will definitely try making it.
Thanks Sapana, please let me know how you like it!
What else not to love this recipe. Gluten free, eggless, and dark chocolate. The bread looks so moist and delicious.
Thank you, Lathiya!