These mini s'mores pies are so easy to make and only call for 5 ingredients! They're the perfect summer snack.
Ready for the easiest dessert you could possibly whip up this summer? Because this right here is it. These mini s'mores pies are so fun for a BBQ or picnic.
Between the graham cracker crust, the creamy chocolate, and the marshmallows, we've got that classic s'mores flavor in a mini little bite-sized form.
Because who doesn't love a single-serving treat that only calls for 5 ingredients?! So without further ado, let's get right into it.
Why You'll Love These Mini S'mores Pies
- This is such an easy treat! We're talking 5 ingredients only. It truly doesn't get simpler than that.
- Any s'mores lover will enjoy this recipe, I can guarantee it. So it's a great dessert option to take along to a summer cookout!
- This is a very forgiving recipe. Want to use chopped up chocolate instead of chocolate chips? Go for it! Prefer mini marshmallows over jumbo ones? Totally fine.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Graham cracker crumbs: Be sure to use gluten free graham crackers to make this recipe entirely gluten free. It goes without saying you can use regular graham crackers if you're not following a gluten free diet. You can go with store-bought or homemade.
- Chocolate chips: Feel free to use any chocolate chips you like here. I like to use milk chocolate in keeping with true s'mores flavor, but you can go with semisweet if you prefer.
- Marshmallows: If you are looking for marshmallows without corn syrup, I recommend Smashmallow or Dandies. Feel free to use mini marshmallows if that's what you prefer.
STEP ONE: Start by making the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Press the crust into two greased 6-inch cake pans. Bake on 325ºF for 10 minutes.
STEP THREE: Remove the crusts from the oven and top with chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: Add marshmallow halves on top of the chocolate chip layer. Bake on 350ºF for 8 minutes.
As an optional final step, you can turn the broiler on for 1-2 minutes, just until the marshmallows start to burn. Keep a close eye on them if you attempt this!
- The chocolate chips will not melt completely, and I actually prefer it this way because I like the texture and it feels more like real s'mores. However, if you want a totally smooth chocolate layer, you may want to try melting the chips first before adding to the crust.
- It's important to allow the s'mores pies to cool in the pans COMPLETELY before attempting to remove them, otherwise the crust can get crumbly. Alternately, you can just serve these pies straight out of the pans.
- I love to turn the broiler on for just a minute to let the marshmallows get nice and toasty. This isn't a must, but it adds a nice final touch. However, you will want to watch them very closely if you do this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! All you need to do is use non-dairy butter in the crust. Make sure the chocolate chips and marshmallows you are using are vegan.
I will say these pies are best enjoyed the day you make them, and I wouldn't recommend making them ahead.
Easy Mini S'mores Pies (5 Ingredients)
- 1 ½ cups (150g) gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar packed
- 7 tablespoons (98g) unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (250g) milk chocolate chips
- 8 marshmallows halved
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a standard muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the brown sugar and melted butter until the crumbs are completely moistened. Scoop the mixture into the greased pans. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to gently pack the mixture in. Bake for 10 minutes.1 ½ cups (150g) gluten free graham cracker crumbs, 7 tablespoons (98g) unsalted butter, ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar
- Remove from the oven and evenly distribute the chocolate chips between the crusts. Top each one with the marshmallow halves. Increase the oven temperature to 350°F and place back into the oven to bake for 8 minutes. For toasted marshmallows, you may broil for 1-2 minutes before removing. Allow the mini pies to cool completely before removing from pans.1 ½ cups (250g) milk chocolate chips, 8 marshmallows
- If you are not on a gluten free diet, you can use regular graham crackers.
- Feel free to use mini marshmallows instead of jumbo marshmallows.