This strawberry swirl ice cream is made without an ice cream maker, so it's super easy to whip up any time! The recipe is inspired by strawberry cheesecake and is equal parts sweet and tangy.
Do you have a go-to ice cream flavor? Like, that one flavor that you always fall back on at an ice cream shop, no matter how hard you try to branch out? Do you also have that one flavor that you're always intrigued by, maybe you even ask to taste it, and maybe even love it enough to switch things up?
No? Just me? I'm not sure if I could REALLY pick just one, but my go-to is usually salted caramel or mint chip. And the flavor that always catches my eye and tempts me to break away from my old faithful... is strawberry swirl.
So, that's really why I thought about playing around with my own no-churn strawberry swirl ice cream. I personally love keeping this ice cream on hand at all times because it's good any time.
Plus, with this being a no-churn ice cream recipe, you know it's going to be super easy. I'll talk you through it 🙂
Why You'll Love This Ice Cream...
- Because it tastes just like strawberry cheesecake. Yes, we're incorporating cream cheese into the base and mixing in gluten free graham cracker crumbs.
- As I've mentioned, it's super easy. I mean, you only need 5 ingredients and don't even need to turn on your oven.
- Whether you want to serve this ice cream up in cute little serving cups or gluten free cones, it's a fun treat for a Summer party.
What You'll Need...
- Heavy whipping cream: make sure it's COLD.
- Sweetened condensed milk: I've tried full-fat and low-fat versions, and both should work.
- Cream cheese: I recommend full-fat here, and make sure you're using a block of cream cheese rather than the spreadable kind.
- Strawberry jam: I love using organic jam that doesn't have a ton of added ingredients.
- Gluten free graham cracker crumbs: regular readers know, I love Pamela's GF graham crackers.
How To Make...
To make my strawberry swirl ice cream, we're going to start by beating together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. We really just want to make sure the two are combined, so you don't need to spend too much time on this step. Set that aside.
And now we're making whipped cream! You can use a hand mixer, although a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment will be quicker. Beat the heavy cream until it thickens and stiff peaks start to form.
After that, we're going to fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Now we're going to transfer the ice cream to a container, and layer in the strawberry jam and graham cracker crumbs.
Start by pouring half of the ice cream into your container. Add dollops of strawberry jam on top and use a knife to gently swirl and incorporate into your ice cream. Sprinkle half of the graham cracker crumbs on top.
Then repeat the whole process with the rest of your ice cream, followed by the rest of your jam and the rest of the crumbs. Cover the container and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Tips For Making No-Churn Ice Cream...
- You will want to make sure your heavy cream is COLD when you set out to make your whipped cream.
- And speaking of the whipped cream, if you've never made your own, it may seem like it's taking a while. Just be patient and keep a close eye on it. It's ready when you lift the whisk attachment up from the mixture and stiff peaks form without immediately falling over.
- When it comes to pouring your ice cream, jam, and graham cracker crumbs into the container, there really is no right or wrong way to do this. In the end, you want swirls of jam and graham cracker crumbs incorporated throughout.
Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream Ingredient Substitutions...
- While I recommend using full-fat cream cheese, I've found that you can go with a low fat sweetened condensed milk. It won't make much of a difference in the end result.
Did you try my strawberry swirl ice cream? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!
For More Gluten Free Summer Recipes, Try My...
No-Churn Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup (255g) strawberry jam
- ¼ cup (25g) gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat to combine. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside. Wipe the bowl out.
- Use the hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken and stiff peaks form. Fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the ice cream into a 9" loaf pan. Drop dollops of jam on top and use a butter knife to swirl and incorporate into the mixture. Sprinkle half of the graham cracker crumbs on top. Pour the remainder of the ice cream on top of that, and finish with dollops of the remaining jam. Swirl again. Sprinkle the remainder of the graham cracker crumbs on top. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.