This gluten free chocolate chip pound cake is so buttery and soft. It's packed with chocolate chips in every bite, making this cake extra rich and delicious!
And also, I just love throwing chocolate chips in cake. Case in point: my chocolate chip cake 🙂 so all this to say, this recipe has been hanging out at the back of my mind for a while now.
But even though I'm a big fan of pound cake, my version is NOT made with a pound of butter or a pound of eggs. So read on to find out just how I pull that off...
Why You'll Love This Chocolate Chip Pound Cake...
- I really think you will LOVE the buttery flavor and texture here. It's so dreamy.
- If you love chocolate like I do, then this is really the cake for you. You get so much delicious chocolate flavor in every bite.
- It's easy! Just look at the ingredients. You probably already have all of this in your kitchen right now.
What You'll Need...
How To Make Chocolate Chip Pound Cake From Scratch...
To make my gluten free pound cake, we'll start by creaming the butter with the sugar. Let it run for a good 2-3 minutes, until it's nice and smooth. I've found this is key to getting that rise + the buttery flavor. Next, add in the yogurt and vanilla.
Now you'll just add the flour, baking powder, and salt right in. Mix on low speed and be sure NOT to overmix. As soon as your dry ingredients start to look like they are incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake on 350ºF for about 55-60 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing and serving. That's it! Easy, right?
Tips For Making The Best Pound Cake...
- I don't always mention this in every recipe, but I probably should because it's SO important. If possible, use a kitchen scale to weigh your flour. This is why I include the weight in grams alongside the cups in my recipe. Too much or too little flour will completely change the texture of the cake.
- Make sure both your butter and yogurt are room temperature. This will ensure that everything will be mixed up properly.
- If you've greased your loaf pan, the cake should come out pretty easily. If you have any trouble, gently run a butter knife along the edges of the cake before attempting to release.
- I haven't tested it myself, but you can try to make this pound cake vegan by swapping in your favorite non-dairy butter and yogurt. Just be sure to use a yogurt that is similar to Greek yogurt in terms of the fat content and texture.
- While I love to use semisweet chocolate for this recipe, feel free to use any chocolate chips you like!
Did you make my chocolate chip pound cake? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!
For More Gluten Free Cake Recipes, Check Out My...
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake - Gluten Free, Eggless
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (225g) plain Greek yogurt room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (222g) gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (113g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar until smooth and lighter in color. Mix in the yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir on low speed until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.