This salted caramel banana bread is beyond soft and so rich. It's got all of the best flavors of banana bread, of course, but the salted caramel sauce takes it to a whole other level.
Everyone loves banana bread. Right? I think that's a given. And I personally love baking it, because it's so super easy and pretty much foolproof. It's just so good, every time! But I was feeling particularly creative recently and wanted to figure out a way to take classic banana bread and take it up a notch.
Enter: salted caramel sauce. Because adding salted caramel to pretty much anything is a good idea, right? As evidenced by my salted caramel ice cream, which you guys all seem to LOVE (I do too). But I digress.
I promise this quick bread recipe is super straightforward and easy -- especially considering the fact that we're using store-bought caramel sauce. Because you know I'm all about making things easy around here. Thinking about baking with allergies can be overwhelming enough, no need to make it complicated!
So, here we are. Bananas + salted caramel = one brilliant idea, if I do say so myself. And I'm going to talk you through all of the steps plus my top tips for making this the BEST banana bread you've ever made!
Why You'll Love This Salted Caramel Banana Bread...
- The flavor in this bread is insanely good. Like I mentioned earlier, banana bread is already delicious in its own right, but the salted caramel adds such a richness to this bread.
- It's so super easy. Like, one bowl easy. I love any recipe that only requires a single mixing bowl (and we're mixing everything up by hand, too)!
- This banana bread is especially good warmed up for breakfast, with a bit of butter spread on top. So dreamy.
What You'll Need...
How To Make Salted Caramel Banana Bread...
To make my salted caramel banana bread, we're going to start by mixing up our melted butter with both sugars. From here, we're adding in our applesauce, caramel sauce, and vanilla extract.
Once the wet ingredients are combined, stir in the mashed bananas. And then we're going to add our dry ingredients and fold that all right in. That's it!
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake on 350ºF for 60-65 minutes. You'll know it's done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Make sure to allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing.
Tips For Making The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread...
- As always, my #1 tip here is to weigh the flour using a kitchen scale. This is really the only way to ensure you're using the exact amount that the recipe calls for. Too much flour will drastically alter the texture of this banana bread. We'll need 222 grams for this recipe.
- Make sure to use unsweetened applesauce. You don't want any added flavors or sugars, because the bread is already quite sweet.
- You will want to use ripe bananas for this banana bread. I am usually able to get away with using 1 large banana, but depending on the size, you may need 2 (enough to yield 1 cup mashed bananas).
- While I recommend light brown sugar for this recipe, you can also use dark brown if that's what you have on hand.
- If you have a favorite homemade caramel sauce recipe, you can go ahead and use that here. I prefer to go the store-bought route because it saves time.
Did you try my salted caramel banana bread? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!
For More Gluten Free Recipes Using Bananas, Check Out My...
Salted Caramel Banana Bread - Gluten Free, Eggless
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup (64g) unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) salted caramel sauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana about 1 large banana
- 1 ½ cups (222g) gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with both sugars until combined. Add in the applesauce, caramel sauce, and vanilla extract. Stir in the mashed banana. Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing.