This snickerdoodle mug cake is the perfect single-serving dessert! It's made entirely in a mug and bakes up right in the microwave, in less than 2 minutes.
I LOVE a good mug cake. Honestly, I think it's probably one of the best creations ever. Because sometimes you find yourself craving dessert, and maybe you don't feel like making a whole cake or a batch of cookies. You want something quick and easy, something that doesn't even require turning on the oven.
Enter: my snickerdoodle mug cake. This single-serving mug cake is so gooey and the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth, especially if you are just looking to make dessert for one.
We're sprinkling cinnamon sugar on top before AND after cooking, for maximum flavor. So if you're a snickerdoodle lover, then you really are going to appreciate this recipe. The smell alone is completely intoxicating and will fill your whole kitchen, as though you had a batch of snickerdoodle cookies in the oven.
So grab a microwave-safe mug and head to the kitchen, STAT. I'm willing to bet you already have the ingredients, so you really have no excuse not to try this one 😉
Why You'll Love This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake...
- This little single serving dessert really packs a punch with all of that irresistible cinnamon sugar flavor.
- We're mixing everything up right in a mug. No mixer needed, and less dirty dishes. That's always a plus in my book.
- You could take this one step further and add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It's an easy dessert that will take you 5 minutes (if that?) but it's also super easy to take it up a notch.
What You'll Need...
How To Make...
To make my gluten free snickerdoodle mug cake, we'll start by adding melted (and cooled) butter into your microwave-safe mug. Mix it up with the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract.
Next, just add in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. And that's all there is to it! We're now going to sprinkle half of our cinnamon sugar on top. Pop it into the microwave and heat for 60-70 seconds.
Once the mug cake is done, sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar on top. And enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Snickerdoodle Mug Cake...
- To make this even easier, I like to melt the butter right in the mug that I plan to cook the mug cake in.
- Once you mix in the dry ingredients, make sure to really scrape the bottom of the mug to ensure that the flour is fully combined.
- I personally like to under-cook my mug cakes just a little bit, because we really like them extra gooey! But that's totally up to you. If you want to try it, you can start checking around the 50 second mark (although microwave times may vary, and you know your microwave best... I just recommend keeping a close eye on it).
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake Ingredient Substitutions...
- If you are having trouble finding half and half, you can just substitute whole milk.
- To make this snickerdoodle mug cake dairy free, you would need to substitute your favorite non-dairy butter and milk. It's such a small amount, I really don't see why it wouldn't work.
Did you try my snickerdoodle mug cake? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!
For More Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Recipes, Try My...
- Snickerdoodle cheesecake
- Easy snickerdoodle cookies
- Snickerdoodle bars
- And you might also like my cinnamon roll cake!
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake - Gluten Free, Eggless
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (37g) gluten free flour blend
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a microwave-safe mug, mix the melted butter with the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well to combine. You may need to scrape the bottom of the mug to ensure all of the flour has been incorporated.
- To make the topping, combine the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Heat the mug cake in the microwave for 60-70 seconds. After removing from the microwave, sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top. Serve immediately.
- If you don't have half and half, you can also use whole milk.
Leave a Reply