These air fryer Oreos are made without pancake mix, yet they're super easy and come together very quickly! You can use gluten free Oreos or any kind you like.
Who else here is a sucker for deep fried Oreos? I don't know about you but it just makes me think of summer, and going to a carnival or state fair. But it's probably not something you want to be consuming too often, right?
Enter: the air fryer. Regular readers know I love that thing. And not just for savory dinners and sides! I love making air fryer desserts, which brings me to these air fryer Oreos.
While most air fryer Oreo recipes call for pancake mix, mine doesn't. Because that just might not be something you have on hand. Or maybe you're gluten free and have a hard time finding pre-packaged mixes that work for you.
Why You'll Love These Air Fried Oreos
- This is such an easy recipe! It will take no time at all, and it's fun to get little helpers involved with this one.
- Do I really need to state the obvious? Air fryer Oreos are delicious. Period.
- These would make for a fun party food! And you can get creative with the different Oreo flavors.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Gluten free flour: My favorite gluten free flour blend is Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1. Unless otherwise noted, I use this flour in all of my recipes! If you're using a different blend, make sure to use one that contains xanthan gum. And if you're not following a gluten free diet, you should just be able to swap in AP flour here.
- Milk: Whole milk is ideal for this recipe, but a low fat milk would work in a pinch.
- Oreos: I used gluten free Oreos but, if you're not gluten free, you can use any Oreos you like.
STEP ONE: Combine the dry ingredients. Grab a large bowl and whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
STEP TWO: Add the milk and vanilla. Stir well until combined.
STEP THREE: Dip each individual Oreo cookie into the batter. Make sure to submerge the cookie so that it's completely coated!
STEP FOUR: Transfer cookies to your lined air fryer basket - I made the mistake of not lining the basket in the first batch you see above (more on that later). Air fry on 350ºF for 7-8 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
- My top tip is always to weigh your flour using a scale. This is the best way to ensure accuracy. We only need 1 cup, or 148 grams, of flour for this recipe.
- Remember, we're submerging the whole Oreo into the batter - creme and all! No need to separate the cookies.
- I've tried making these without parchment paper and simply sprayed my air fryer basket with oil... and I did find that the Oreos stuck a little bit. So, I recommend cutting parchment paper rounds (or getting air fryer liners).
- It's important to arrange the cookies in a single layer in your basket. Ideally, the cookies won't be touching at all. Depending on how big your air fryer is, you may need to work in batches.
Frequently Asked Questions
You'll know the Oreos are done when they're golden in color.
I recommend enjoying the Oreos fresh the day you air fry them but, should you have any leftovers, you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days.
Yes! I haven't tested it but you should be able to substitute non-dairy milk.
Air Fryer Oreos Without Pancake Mix (Gluten Free Option)
- 1 cup (148g) gluten free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup (180ml) whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 gluten free Oreos
- powdered sugar optional, for dusting
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.1 cup (148g) gluten free flour blend, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir well to combine. Dip each individual Oreo into the batter, making sure to coat the cookie completely. Arrange in a single layer in the prepared air fryer basket. Air fry on 350°F for 7-8 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.¾ cup (180ml) whole milk, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 10 gluten free Oreos, powdered sugar
- If you're not following a gluten free diet, you can substitute AP flour for the batter.
- Be sure to use whole Oreos, creme filling included.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to work in batches.