This easy pumpkin cream cheese dip is the perfect no-bake treat for a Halloween party or Thanksgiving dinner! It only calls for 6 ingredients.
It's officially pumpkin season and I am here for it. Call me basic, but I love trying out different pumpkin-flavored goodies. This pumpkin cream cheese dip though... it's definitely one of my all-time favorites.
If you've tried my caramel apple dip, you know how good those cream cheese based dips can be. I personally think this is a great party food because you can grab a board and throw all kinds of fun dipping snacks on there.
Personally, I like to enjoy this particular dip with gluten free graham crackers, but you can have fun getting creative.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- First and foremost, it's just SO easy. You just need 6 ingredients and a mixer. This is a one-bowl recipe, which means less dirty dishes, too.
- Cream cheese + pumpkin together is such a dreamy combination!
- Like I said, the possibilities are endless. I'll share my favorite dipping snacks in a bit but if you have any more ideas, let me know in the comments section below!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Cream cheese: It's best to use full-fat blocks of cream cheese for this recipe. I haven't tested it with non-dairy cream cheese.
- Pumpkin puree: Make sure you are using 100% pumpkin puree (usually found in a can), NOT pumpkin pie filling, which has added sugar and other ingredients.
- Brown sugar: You can use either light or dark brown sugar in this recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is a delicious spice blend that should be pretty easy to find in most major grocery stores. If you can't find it, there are lots of recipes online to make your own blend, like this one.
STEP ONE: Start by beating just the cream cheese until it's smooth and creamy.
STEP TWO: Add in the remainder of the ingredients and continue to beat. You want everything to be fully incorporated and smooth, so it may take a few minutes of beating to get it just right.
That's honestly all there is to it! You will want to cover and refrigerate the dip for at least an hour before serving.
- Make sure you are using room temperature cream cheese. Not only will it be easier on you to beat, this is the best way to ensure that you will have smooth dip without lumps.
- Although you can sift your powdered sugar if you'd like, I'll be honest and tell you that I rarely ever do. If you beat the dip long enough, you are sure to get any small lumps out.
- Gluten free graham crackers
- Gluten free gingersnaps
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
Did you try my pumpkin cream cheese dip? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog! And don't forget to subscribe to get new recipes directly in your inbox.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup (170g) pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (60g) powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup (67g) brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pumpkin, both sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract and continue to beat until creamy.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- You will want to use a full-fat block of cream cheese for this recipe. Do not use the spreadable cream cheese that is sold in a tub.
- Be sure to use 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Leave a Reply